An intensive three-day course tailored to board members, business leaders, and IT professionals
Designed specifically for individuals with minimal or no prior experience in cybersecurity, this intensive three-day program aims at hitting today’s most current cyber concepts.
Are you a leader who needs to get across all of the current topics in cyber? This is the course for you.
About the presenter
The course is instructed by Matt O’Kane, a globally recognised cyber breach responder and digital forensics investigator. With over 70 cyber-related cases under his belt in the last five years, Matt has extensive real-world experience to share. In the past year alone, he has instructed more than 96 government leaders across 12 countries, providing a unique global perspective.
Beyond his investigative work, Matt is a highly-regarded educator, lecturing at University of New South Wales (UNSW) in Canberra, Imperial College London (on Cyber Governance), and formerly Singapore Polytechnic (on defending businesses against insider threats). His teaching style consistently receives high praise in feedback surveys.
This course is more than just a standard lecture – it’s a guided discussion among leaders, curated to deliver a deep understanding of the most important concepts in cyber for 2023.
Course topics include:
- Understanding and managing risk and trust in digital systems.
- Understanding the impact of culture, leadership and judgment on cyber defence
- Implementation of recognized international cyber risk management frameworks, such as ISO 27001 and NIST CSF.
- Understanding where to use specialist frameworks like Australia’s Essential 8, Australian ISM, STRIDE, PCI-DSS, and more, to fortify your cyber defenses.
- Addressing challenges related to the cyber workforce.
- Navigating the dark web and understanding its connection to organised crime and the criminal supply chain.
- Gaining insights from real-life cyber incident responses and digital forensic investigation case studies from a variety of organisations.
Join us to stay current, informed, and better equipped to navigate the rapidly evolving cyber landscape.
- Experience in a leadership, management or professional role.
- All candidates will receive a pre-screening phone call to check this course is right for them.
- Please fill in the form below.
- You can apply up to one week before the course.
- If you cancel with 7 days to go, 100% refund.
- Between 7 days and 2 days: 75% refund.
- Between 2 days and the course: 50% refund.
- After the course begins: No refund on cancellation.